Car payment, insurance premium, car inspection fee, decoration fee…, the initial cost of buying a car can be as little as 30,000 to 50,000, and as many as hundreds of thousands of millions, and the money you will spend after buying a car has been calculated. How much? Fuel costs, various tax deeds, tolls, parking fees, maintenance fees, etc., are all rushing to you. In addition to the maintenance fee, you can save a lot of other later costs as long as you don’t drive or drive less, and the maintenance fee is an expense that you have to spend even if you don’t drive.
Then some friends said, why is this. If I don’t drive, I won’t be able to finish it without maintenance and save money. Why do you still have to pay for maintenance if you don’t drive? So today, everyone and I will start with the reason of car maintenance, which is why we need to maintain the car. (Car maintenance in 4S shops mainly involves various oils and filter elements, then we will classify them for you below)
Why do we need to maintain the car?
1. Why change the engine lubricating oil
●The role of oil:
The engine is the heart of the car. There are many metal surfaces in the engine that move by friction. These parts move fast and the environment is poor. The working temperature can reach 400°C to 600°C. Under such harsh working conditions, only qualified lubrication is available. Oil can reduce the wear of engine parts and extend the service life. So what requirements should a qualified lubricant meet? In other words, what is the role of lubricating oil.
1. Lubrication and wear reduction: There is rapid relative sliding between the piston and the cylinder, and between the main shaft and the bearing bush. To prevent the parts from wearing out too quickly, it is necessary to establish an oil film between the two sliding surfaces. The oil film of sufficient thickness separates the surfaces of the relatively sliding parts, so as to achieve the purpose of reducing wear.
2. Cooling down: The oil can bring heat back to the oil tank and then radiate to the air to help the water tank cool the engine.
3. Cleaning: Good engine oil can circulate the carbides, sludge, and wear metal particles on engine parts back to the engine oil tank. Through the flow of lubricating oil, the dirt generated on the working surface of the parts is washed.
4. Sealing and leak-proofing: The oil can form a sealing ring between the piston ring and the piston to reduce gas leakage and prevent the entry of external pollutants.
5. Anti-rust and anti-corrosion: Lubricating oil can absorb the surface of the parts to prevent water, air, acidic substances and harmful gases from contacting the parts.
6. Vibration damping and buffering: When the engine cylinder port pressure rises sharply, the load on the piston, piston chips, connecting rod and crankshaft bearing is suddenly increased. This load is transmitted and lubricated by the bearing, so that the impact load is buffered. .
The condition of the engine oil directly affects the performance and life of the engine, so we must select the appropriate engine oil and replace it in time.
Problems that will occur when the oil is changed irregularly:
I just mentioned the six functions of engine oil. Under normal circumstances, the manufacturers of naturally aspirated engine models sold in China will require users to change the lubricating oil when they travel 5000 km-15,000 km, while the supercharged engine models require 5000 km travel. If the car does not drive very much or has been in a stopped state, it is best to change the oil every six months. Of course, if your environment and oil quality are good, you can extend the oil change interval and time appropriately.
If your car does not change the oil after the oil change interval, the deteriorated or dirty oil will lose its lubrication effect. In addition, since the oil used for a long time will be mixed with metal chips, this will also cause the mechanical wear inside the engine to increase, and in severe cases, it may cause the internal parts of the engine to break and damage.
2. Why change the oil filter
●Oil filter function
The function of the oil filter is to filter out harmful impurities in the oil from the oil pan, and supply clean oil to crankshafts, connecting rods, camshafts, superchargers, piston rings, etc., for lubrication, cooling, and cleaning. Thereby extending the life of these parts.
Problems that occur when the oil filter element is replaced irregularly
The function of the oil filter element is to filter impurities, so it must be replaced with the oil. If it is not replaced, the oil will not be filtered, which will cause the internal parts of the engine to wear out due to the impurities in the oil.
Ps: Why some cars do not change the filter when changing the oil.
The situation like the problem often occurs during the first maintenance of the vehicle. Since the new engine is running in during the first 1,000 kilometers, there will be more metal friction debris generated. Although these debris can be partially filtered by the oil filter, Most of it will still deposit with the oil in the oil pan that contains the oil. At this time, the oil filter element can still be used. Therefore, some manufacturers will not replace the oil filter element when changing the oil. But please rest assured that this will not affect your normal use.
Three, why change the air filter
●The role of the air filter
Air filter is a device that purifies the air. If dust, sand particles and various impurities in the air directly enter the engine cylinder and burn, they will accelerate the wear of the engine, thereby reducing the service life of the engine and even causing serious damage to the engine. The filter element of the air cleaner is divided into two types: dry filter element and wet filter element. The dry filter element is also the most commonly used in our car, and its material is filter paper or non-woven fabric. In order to increase the air passage area, most of the filter elements are processed with many small wrinkles. When the filter element is slightly contaminated, it can be blown with compressed air. When the filter element is severely contaminated, it should be replaced with a new one in time. Generally speaking, there is no accurate replacement time for the air filter element. It is determined according to the environment in which the vehicle is used, but the replacement time is not more than 1 year, and the vehicle travel distance is not more than 15,000 kilometers.
Problems that will occur when the air filter element is replaced irregularly
If the filter element is severely blocked, the air intake resistance will increase and the engine power will decrease.At the same time, due to the increase in air resistance, the amount of gasoline sucked in will also increase, resulting in an over-rich mixture ratio, which will worsen the engine’s operating state, increase fuel consumption, and easily produce carbon deposits.Usually, you should get into the habit of checking the air filter element frequently.
4. Why change the air conditioner filter
●The role of air conditioning filter
I just talked to you about the air filter element, and I’m talking about the air conditioner filter element below. Its function is to filter the outside air, so as to ensure that the air in the car is fresh and has no peculiar smell. In summary, the air conditioner filter has the following functions:
1. Ensure that as little unfiltered air enters the compartment as possible.
2. It can filter air, dust, pollen, abrasive particles and other solid impurities.
3. It can absorb harmful substances and moisture in the air.
4. It can ensure that the air in the driver’s cabin is clean and does not breed bacteria, can effectively intercept pollen, and ensure that drivers and passengers will not have allergic reactions and affect driving safety.
Problems that will occur when the air-conditioning filter is replaced from time to time
The function of the air conditioning filter is to filter the air, but after a long time use, the air volume that the air conditioning filter can filter is reduced. At this time, when we use the air conditioning system, we may feel that the wind blowing from the air outlet is not so strong or not so strong; in addition, in a humid environment Under the circumstances, the air conditioner filter element is also prone to mold and bacteria, which can cause a musty or odor when the air conditioner is used. In addition, there may be activated carbon in the air-conditioning filter element, and long-term use of activated carbon will also reduce the adsorption and filtration function. Therefore, the air-conditioning filter element needs to be replaced regularly, usually once a year.
The automotive parts and parts machining, PTJ Shop offers the highest degree of OEM service with a basis of 10+ years experience serving the automotive industry. Our automotive precision shop and experts deliver confidence. We have perfected the art of producing large component volumes with complete JIT reliability, backed by the quality and long-term reliability our customers expect.