I believe that except for a few car owners who have experienced tire blowouts on the road, they will pay special attention to the tire condition of the vehicle, and more car owners have a vague understanding of when to replace tires. Most car owners are also forced to replace tires. After being punctured, punctured, etc., the tires have to be replaced. But this forced replacement of tires is actually an afterthought, and failing tires have brought danger.
XNUMX. When should tires be replaced?
The wear and aging of tires are closely related to the use of the vehicle and the driving environment. It cannot be assumed that the tires must be replaced as long as possible. The owner can determine whether to replace according to his own judgment:
1. When the tire is worn to the wear limit mark, it must be stopped. Data shows that the tread depth is less than 1.6 mm as the wear limit.
If you often drive on wet and slippery roads with low friction, it is best to ensure that the tread pattern thickness is twice the above value.You can buy a gauge to measure the thickness of the tread pattern, or you can use a one-yuan coin to insert into the tread groove along the top of the national emblem, because the distance between the edge of the coin and the top of the national emblem is between 1 and 2 mm, so if At this time, you can also see the entire national emblem sign, indicating that the tread pattern thickness is insufficient.
2. The tires need to be replaced if they are seriously aging.
The tires are rubber products, so they will naturally age apart from wear. Therefore, the shelf life of general tires is three years, but one thing is certain is that if the tires are purchased and not used, the natural aging speed is not the same as the speed installed on the car. .
3. Tires with deformed treads or bead damage, tires with sidewalls damaged by running out of air, and tires corroded by chemicals must not be used anymore.
The sidewall of the tire is the most fragile part. If the wound is wound, it is extremely dangerous even after repair.If there are visible cracks and cuts on the sidewall of the tire, there may be air leak cracks in the future, and even more serious, it will cause a flat tire.
4. If the tire has a bulge, it cannot be used.
What kind of situation is an abnormal bulge?It is usually due to insufficient strength on the outer surface of the tire, which results in a bulge that is higher than the normal tire surface.If the bulging tires are not replaced in time, the areas with insufficient strength on the tread are likely to cause sudden bursts, and tire bursts are extremely easy to occur when driving at high speeds.
5. If other damage affects the safety of the tire, it is not allowed to continue to use it.
Different road conditions, the vibration of the vehicle when driving is different. It is normal for the vehicle to have some jitter, but if the jitter is caused by the axial deviation of the tire or the unbalanced force, you must go to the repair shop to do it. Check and repair.If the abnormal jitter is not caused by the tire, attention should also be paid to investigate the abnormality as soon as possible, because long-term excessive vibration and jitter will damage the performance of the tire.
XNUMX. What factors will accelerate tire wear?
- 1. If you experience some bad road conditions, the tires will wear out faster than when driving on a smooth road.
- 2. If you drive irritably, abrupt acceleration and braking will also accelerate tire wear.
- 3. Daily maintenance will also have a significant impact on the service life of tires, such as too frequent four-wheel alignment of vehicles, regular air pressure inspections, and so on.
XNUMX. How to judge that the tire is close to failure state?
Generally speaking, the failure state of a tire has the following manifestations. Although it cannot be absolutely said that the tire has completely failed, the tire must be replaced as soon as possible to avoid accidents.
- 1. The pattern on the surface of the tire has worn out.
- 2. The side of the tire has hard injuries due to impacts and other reasons.
- 3. The blisters on the tire surface have begun to leak.
- 4. The reason is not found, but tires often lose air.
- 5. Although there is no serious injury, the tire has been repaired several times and there are too many injuries.
If a tire that has nearly failed is not replaced in time, resulting in a vehicle passing accident during driving, causing the vehicle to lose control or the vehicle to break down, the consequences will be catastrophic.
Car owners can complete the simple vehicle inspection tasks such as judging whether the tires are deformed.
XNUMX. What kind of hazards will be caused by using expired tires?
1. What is a stock tire?
New tires generally refer to tires that have been manufactured within one year.If the tires sold to customers have been out of the factory for more than one year, they are generally treated as “stock tires”.The seller should tell the customer the actual production date of the tire and give a certain discount.
2. What is the difference between stock tires and new tires?
The warranty period of tires is 3 years. This time is calculated from the date of manufacture, not from the date of purchase.
If you buy a tire that was produced two years ago, then the warranty period is only one year left.
Tires are rubber products, and the rubber may be aging after standing for more than 3 years, which may affect the safety of use.
XNUMX. How to read the logo information on the tires?
- 1. The trademarks on the tires are all marked with English letters.The trademark letters of the genuine tires are very clear and easy to identify.Pay attention to tire trademarks and do not buy counterfeit tires.
- 2. There will be 4 Arabic numerals on the sidewall near the steel ring to indicate the date of manufacture of the tire. The first two digits represent the week number, and the last two digits represent the year. For example, “0814” means that the tire’s factory date is the 8th week of 2014
- 3. When the tire leaves the factory, the manufacturer will post a barcode, so you can enjoy the three guarantees, and the corresponding manufacturer can also be identified through the barcode. If there is no barcode on the tire, such tire is likely to be a product of unknown channel
- 4. There will be a protruding part in the tire groove. If the groove is worn to the protruding part, it means that the tire needs to be replaced. Pay attention to check it every time you maintain it.
Summary: The safety line of the tire marks the lifeline of the vehicle. If the effective use range of the tire is not treated correctly, careless driving will often cause the vehicle to have a hidden danger of potentially dangerous accidents.
The automotive parts and parts machining, PTJ Shop offers the highest degree of OEM service with a basis of 10+ years experience serving the automotive industry. Our automotive precision shop and experts deliver confidence. We have perfected the art of producing large component volumes with complete JIT reliability, backed by the quality and long-term reliability our customers expect.
Link to this article：When to change tires and how to judge tire failure precursors
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting.：Cnc Machining，Thank！^^