The advantages of the micro-oil-air lubrication technology itself:
1) Protect the environment: use plant-based synthetic lubricants, no waste cutting oil and waste liquid are produced, and the environment will not be polluted.
(2) Clean operating environment: Because MQL lubrication technology uses very little oil, it is a full-consumption lubrication, and it is very easy to clean the machine tool and factory environment.
3) Reduce processing cost: MQL lubrication technology is a lubricating oil consumption lubrication technology, so there is no waste liquid treatment cost. Fully save the power consumption of the cooling pump when the cutting fluid is cooled.
According to Alexander Stoll, a powertrain expert at Ford Motor Company in the United States, Ford spends every year on cutting fluid and filtration, daily protective treatment, waste disposal and energy consumption (chips must be cleaned and dried before recycling), as well as related health and safety aspects. The cost amounts to several million dollars. The company’s cutting fluid cost accounts for about 10% to 20% of the processing cost of each workpiece. Therefore, Ford has fully promoted the application of MQL technology, which has brought substantial and satisfactory economic benefits. <At present, MQL micro-lubrication technology has been used in domestic auto parts manufacturing equipment, such as crankshaft oil hole special machine, balancing machine, main journal cylindrical car, connecting rod and gear machine tool, etc. While the micro-lubrication technology is generally recognized by machine tool manufacturers and end users, it is also facing the problem of how to make the micro-lubrication technology fully play its role and improve processing efficiency. It is necessary to discuss the machine tool design, processing technology, lubrication mechanism, etc. In the case of the same cutting conditions, the idea of using micro-lubrication technology to reduce processing costs is to optimize the processing route:
(1) Processing program and processing parameters: cutting tool path, feed, depth of cut, cutting speed.
(2) Cutting tools: geometry, materials, coating technology.
(3) Clamping system: clamping method and efficiency, clamping position, clamping accuracy, clamping force.
(4) Material being processed: rough state, material characteristics.
(5) Machine tool: machine speed.
Processing any workpiece requires a comprehensive consideration of how to reduce processing costs. Therefore, according to the method of optimizing the route of the processing technology, start with the easy implementation, according to the order of processing procedures and processing parameters, cutting tools, clamping systems, processed materials, and machine tools Adjust and optimize.
Link to this article：The relationship between cost reduction and MQL adoption
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting.：Cnc Machining，Thank！^^