In the maintenance and repair of cars, we often worry about accidentally buying fake and inferior parts and unsuitable parts. So, how can I buy qualified and suitable accessories?
Eight points for attention when purchasing auto parts
1. See if the trademark logo is complete. The outer packaging of the authentic product is of good quality, the handwriting on the box is clear, and the overprint color is bright.
The packaging box and bag should be marked with the product name, specification model, quantity, registered trademark, factory name, factory address and telephone number, etc. Some manufacturers also put their own marks on the accessories. Some important components, such as generators, distributors, fuel injection pumps, etc., are also equipped with instruction manuals, certificates and inspector stamps to guide users in the correct use and maintenance. When purchasing, you should carefully recognize it to prevent you from buying fake and shoddy products.
2. See if there is any deformation of the geometric dimensions. Some parts are prone to deformation due to improper manufacturing, transportation, and storage. When inspecting, you can roll the shaft part along the glass plate to see if there is light leakage at the joint between the part and the glass plate to judge whether it is bent; when choosing the clutch driven disc steel plate or friction plate, you can use the steel plate and friction plate. Hold the sheet in front of your eyes to observe whether it is warped; when purchasing an oil seal, the end face of the oil seal with a frame should be in a perfect circle, which can be fitted to the plate glass without bending; the outer edge of the non-frame oil seal should be straight and deformed by holding it with your hand , It should be able to return to its original state after letting go. When purchasing various types of gaskets, attention should also be paid to checking the geometric dimensions and shapes.
3. See if the joint is smooth. During the transportation and storage of spare parts, due to vibration and bumps, burrs, indentations, breakages or cracks are often generated at the joints, which affects the use of parts. Pay attention to inspection when purchasing.
4. Look for rust on the surface of the part. The surface of qualified parts has a certain degree of precision and bright finish. The more important parts are, the higher the precision, and the stricter the rust and corrosion protection of the packaging. Pay attention to inspection when purchasing. If the parts are found to have rust spots, mildew spots, cracks, loss of elasticity, or obvious cutting tool lines on the surface of the journal, they should be replaced.
5. See if the protective surface is intact. Most parts are coated with a protective layer when they leave the factory. For example, the piston pin and bearing bush are protected with paraffin wax; the surface of the piston ring and cylinder liner is coated with anti-rust oil and wrapped with wrapping paper; the valve, piston, etc. are soaked in anti-rust oil and then packaged in a plastic bag. If it is found that the sealing sleeve is damaged, the packing paper is lost, or the rust preventive oil or paraffin wax is lost during the purchase, it should be returned.
6. Check whether the glued parts are loose. For accessories composed of two or more parts, the parts are press-fitted, glued or welded, and no looseness is allowed between them. For example, the oil pump plunger and the adjusting arm are combined by press-fitting; The clutch driven wheel and the steel sheet are riveted, the friction sheet and the steel sheet are riveted or glued; the frame of the paper filter element and the filter paper are glued together; the thread ends of the electrical equipment are welded. If any looseness is found during purchase, it should be replaced.
7. See if the rotating parts are flexible. When purchasing a rotating part assembly such as an oil pump, turn the pump shaft by hand to feel flexible and free from jamming. When purchasing a rolling bearing, support the inner ring of the bearing with one hand and turn the outer ring with the other. The outer ring should be able to rotate quickly and freely. Gradually stalled. If the rotating parts do not rotate well, it means that the inside is rusted or deformed, so don’t buy it.
8. See if there are any missing parts in the assembly. The regular assembly parts must be complete and intact to ensure smooth assembly and normal operation. If the individual small parts on some assembly parts are missing, the assembly parts will not work or even be scrapped.
The automotive parts and parts machining, PTJ Shop offers the highest degree of OEM service with a basis of 10+ years experience serving the automotive industry. Our automotive precision shop and experts deliver confidence. We have perfected the art of producing large component volumes with complete JIT reliability, backed by the quality and long-term reliability our customers expect.
Link to this article：Eight points of attention when purchasing auto parts
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting.：Cnc Machining，Thank！^^