1. SUS304 (stainless steel)
The most used stainless steels are more resistant to corrosion and heat than Cr steels because they contain Ni, and have low temperature strength, so they have very good mechanical properties. be. Very large work hardening, heat treatment is uncured, non-magnetic, excellent strength, no more flexible, it is often used between 0.4T and 1.0T thickness. Today, it is widely used in Notebooks to meet the structural strength needs of brackets. You need to specify the number of stages to meet the design requirements. It is generally recommended to take 3/4 H. If you need to draw, it’s best to take 1/2H when using it with an LCD bracket.
Reference price: 98NT $ / Kg –0.5T, 130NT $ / Kg –0.3T, 195NT $ / Kg –0.2T.
2. SUS301 (stainless steel)
The composition of Cr (chromium) is lower than that of SUS304, and the corrosion resistance is inferior, but cold working can obtain extremely high wire drawability and hardness, and its characteristics are widely used. Due to its good elasticity, it is often widely used in EMI for notebooks to make elastic contact parts, but the thickness is usually between 0.4T and 0.07T.
To meet the design requirements (elasticity, strength, etc.), it is necessary to specify the number of stages. Also note that the 301 material has metal crystal orientation. If the molding is not paid attention, the higher the altitude, the harder and the more brittle, the more likely it is to crack the corners and sidewalls.
Reference price: 142NT $ / Kg –0.5T, 183NT $ / Kg –0.3T, 180NT $ / Kg –0.2T. 285NT $ / Kg –0.1T.
- SUS 301: Suitable for stretchy applications, high carbon content and high hardness. Poor ductility and difficult to stretch.
- SUS 304: Not suitable for stretchy applications, low carbon content, low hardness (soft).
- SUS430: Hardness is unstable because a lot of impurities (impurities) are contained in the material.
- 1. When the hardness is close like (SUS 301 3/4 H and SUS 304 H), the hardness is the same, but elastic fatigue is likely to occur in the elastic product.
- 2. The thickness of the material affects the hardness tolerance (the thicker the tolerance, the larger the tolerance).
- 3. AL1050 (aluminum alloy):The materials include pure aluminum, light materials, good heat dissipation, materials that are difficult to process, relatively low strength, excellent moldability, weldability and corrosion resistance.
Therefore, it is currently used in notebooks for heat sinks.
- Reference price: 92-95NT $ / Kg –0.5T.
- Model Si Fe Cu Mn Mg Cr Zn Ti Al
- AL1100 (Si + Fe) ≤ 0.95 0.05-0.2 0.05 — 0.10 — 99.0 minutes
4. AL5052 (aluminum alloy)
Good heat dissipation, hard material, strong strength, good moldability, weldability and corrosion resistance, but the material is not easy to process.
Today, it is widely used in laptops instead of tinplate. It is lighter and has better heat dissipation than regular aluminum materials.
It can be applied to the design shield plate, I / O bracket, module drives the bracket.
- Reference price: 96NT $ / Kg –0.5T.
- Model Si Fe Cu Mn Mg Cr Zn Ti Al
- A5052 0.25 0.40 0.10 0.10 2.2-2.8 0.15-0.35 0.10 –Other
5. Carbon tool steel SK3, SK5, SK7
A high carbon steel having a carbon content of 0.6% or more has a quenching hardness of SK3, SK5 of HrC50 to 60, and SK7 of rC50 to 55, has good wear resistance, and is an inexpensive tool steel. It is used for sliding parts. Guide pins, guide bushes, ejector pins, resale, etc. that require hardness and wear resistance. It has better strength, rigidity and recovery rate after heat treatment than SUS 301 H. As a result, it is currently used in notebooks for structural parts that need to be reinforced (brackets, etc.) and parts that require high elasticity (clips, debris, spring pins, etc.). However, its drawback is the area after the heat treatment warpage is easily corrected and becomes hard and brittle, and care should be taken during use.
Reference price: 45NT $ / Kg –0.5T. Carbon content, tensile strength and stiffness: SK3> SK5> SK7
6. Chick Grade / HRB70 / HRC36 Titanium: Reference Price: 1600NT / Kg.(advantage)
Lightweight-with a specific density of only 4.52 (7.93 for stainless steel).
High temperature resistance-melting point up to 1668 ° C, and fast heat dissipation.
Corrosion resistance-Free of acids, alkalis and corrosives and can be stored forever.
Durable, abrasion resistant-The surface hardness and toughness of pure titanium are scratch resistant and abrasion.
Human Affinity-Not susceptible to allergies to the human skin, mild in color and non-glare. It is antibacterial, shape memory, non-magnetic, and never rusts.(Disadvantage)
High activity-Removing the mold during secondary processing is not easy.
It is more likely to occur, especially if the titanium component is impure and contains impurities.(Use of titanium)
Titanium was first used in the aerospace industry. Due to the many properties (advantages) of titanium, it can be used in all walks of life.
Examples: aviation, marine, chemical, electronic, electroplating, food, medical equipment, artificial teeth, artificial bones, power plants, desalination systems, sports equipment, bicycle parts, golf heads, glasses, watches, computers, kitchen utensils, art …….. Titanium products can be seen, and even cell phone cases are useful. In the notebook space, some applications are designed with the LCD cover and Logic upper as the main structure.
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting.：Cnc Machining，Thank！^^